The José María Serratosa Award was established by SEA to offer the winner financial assistance to attend the 16th International Clay Conference to be held in Granada (Spain), July 17-21, 2017.
The closing date for reception of manuscripts will be March 1st, 2017 (closed)
The José María Serratosa Award is an International award, sponsored and financially supported by the Sociedad Española de Arcillas – SEA (Spanish Clay Society), to offer financial assistance to the recipient with the aim of enabling him/her to participate in the 16th International Clay Conference for the purpose of presenting his/her paper.
- Candidates must submit an electronic copy, preferably a pdf file, of approximately 4000 words in English on a topic relevant to one of the sessions of the Meeting. The paper should be written in a format acceptable for international journals. Assessment will be on scientific content only and the winner will be expected to present his/her paper at the Meeting.
- The award consists of a certificate and the sum of 1.000 Euros to cover the recipient’s travel and accommodation expenses and the registration fee for the Meeting, travel and hotel expenses for the 16th International Clay Conference Meeting. The award will not be made if it is considered that candidates do not reach the required standard.
- Persons eligible for the award must be under 35 years of age on the closing date for submissions. No restriction is placed on the sex or nationality of the candidate
- The award is incompatible with any other prize for the same paper. Therefore, the candidate declares that the content of the manuscript is original and has not been submitted and, in case of winning, will not be submitted to any other prize.
- The selection committee shall consist of the President of AIPEA (Chair), three members nominated by the SEA, and the President of the Spanish Clay Society, who will act as Secretary.
- The attached form must be completed and returned to the secretary of the SEA (email@example.com) with each entry to arrive before the official closing date. The candidates must note that the deadline will be strictly observed. The paper must be in the hands of the selection committee at least three months before the Conference.
- The winning paper may be submitted for publication in a clay mineralogy journal.
- 2017: Marwa Akkari (Universidad de Cartago, Túnez)